Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Solitude by the Window

As rays of sunlight seep through the small holes of my shutters I turn on my back on the bed and take a deep breath. The fan near me gives a constant, but tolerable buzzing sound and a relieving breeze from the sultry hotness. The papers on my desk weave in the air as if they try to tell me to move... to tear myself away from this perpetual limbo I'm in right now. But I'm enjoying it. It's the strange, a bit unsettling but at the same time really serene feeling, sort of an emotional paradox. I feel like I should do something... but I won't, no sense of urgency, nothing to do. I don't really want to change anything right now; even the slightest change would ruin this idyllic picture. What a serene and happy feeling... gives you the opportunity to rest, relax and think.



You know it's sad how most people can't just sit back or lay down on the coast on top of a small dock. Just listening to the sound of the world surrounding you, watching the water ripple. I wonder why most people can't do that anymore. It may sound like a terribly over-used cliché, but be honest, friend; when was the last time you did something like this? Think about it, don't just pretend, but do it for real. Always in need of some input, letting no respite for your own self, constantly feeding your brain with useless data, forcing it to multi-task all the time. Thinking is not boring for it is the sole ability that separates us from the rest of the lifeforms on this planet.



The next time you have free time on your hands, when you can do whatever you want think about all this. Don't play videogames, don't watch a movie, don't even turn on your computer, console or TV. Go out or if it's raining sit near the window and just listen. Listen and think, try to truly relax, let go of yourself. Take some time to give yourself a much needed respite.


You will be happier.


2 comments:

Microwave Jellyfish said...

How should I say this...

This post strongly reminds me of a certain movie in which a certain scene includes a certain character relaxing while he's listening to a certain song by Ludwig van Beethoven.

Inside jokes are still cool, aren't they?

Eon Blue said...

Everything reminds you of that movie. No surprise here.