Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chop Poker - Chapter I


Chop Poker

As I stepped through the door of the faintly lit room, like a shadow on the wall
A surge of bad feelings stroke me like I don't belong here at all
Although the feeling crept up my spine as if it tried to warn me of the events to come
I ignored it as much as I could and walked across the hall
„Good evening, Eon my friend” - greeted me my good pal, The Meat
I shook his hand and took a seat at the table, where cards and chips laid casually

Unfamiliar people, broken minds behind broken faces
Faust rose up from his chair, the others watching silently from their places
That's when I grew more anxious but I kept my cool 'cause my ambition
I tried to look as calm as a man could in my position
„You all know why we are here -he finally said after agonizing minutes
This is the place for the card game where you all can win it”
By win it he of course meant the case just out of hands reach
Oddly enough unprotected by any physical means
Oddly I say for the sum of the cash in the stash is no less
Than four million bucks so everyone is determined - Who'd guess?
Of course we knew every prize comes with a price to pay
Nothing is for free in this world as they say

Near empty bottles of whiskey slowly roll down from the poker table
As the air gets heavy with the last breath of the players, ending their fable
The case is gone, nowhere to be seen
Bloody footsteps tell that someone already left the scene


Back in the past shuffling the deck, with sweat on their brows, hoping the best
The gentlemen try their best to jest, but their traitorous eyes sell their pretense
As they pour out the first glass of whiskey
The so called host stood up once more
Reminding the players that the mood's not so frisky
He started to speak as he pointed at the door

„Anyone who changes their mind, you can take that path any time
But know this you'll go empty handed for you shall not get a dime

The rules are thus, for anyone who's new
Whoever wins gets to hit those who lose
Now don't shy away from using full force
These people are your enemies so don't feel remorse
The game will have new surprises as an hour goes by
But I'll announce those when the time gets right
All I can say for now without spoiling all the fun:
I expect some of you to tremble in fear and run”

The game begins.



No comments: