Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another part of me

Why do people blog?

I don't really know. I only have assumptions and the approximate reasons why I blog. I say approximate because I'm not fully aware of my own reasons to do this stuff, in fact I think most of us aren't aware of the reasons for most things we do. Remember when you were a little kid and you did something supposedly wrong, so your parents asked; Why did you do it? You couldn't answer. Now there were times where you could but didn't wanted... but most of the times you really didn't know. There are certain things we just do... maybe out of instinct, maybe habit... maybe we feel obligated to express our opinions, feelings and whatnot to other people, possibly to many we don't even know.

So why do I blog? Maybe I feel I'm not heard out enough in real life, I kinda feel like people often don't care even when I have some important shit to say. People are stupid, they don't listen. I try to hear out and listen to them, consider their opinions and give them appropriate feedback. Why can't they do the same with me? Am I really that boring? I like to think not. All they care about is expressing their stupid opinion and they expect me to nod like I'm their pet monkey. God forbid my opinion differs from theirs... they usually try to change my mind on the spot. They don't get it that I have my well considered opinions just as much as they do. Exchanging opinions stooped down to a level where we try to change other people so they'll bend to our favor. I think a conversation shouldn't be about bending people to our favor, it's about hearing them out even if it's something outrageously stupid, then replying in a civil manner if possible. We can learn, gain from conversations, maybe even profit from them in one way to another. But no, most people feel like their opinions are the most important and most valid so they don't even care what other people have to stay. That's why they will remain stupid for the rest of their lives.

I also like to blog to challenge people. Not change them, just challenge their mind. I like to make them think on a deeper level than they do in their everyday lives. I like to paint on their mental canvas situations, emotions, thoughts, ideas and challenge their mind so they have to make themselves think harder and in a more complex way they usually do. To consider ideas they never faced before, to give them something fresh, a new input if you will that can stimulate their brain. People need to realize that there is more beneath the surface, there is a deeper line of thought. I don't say you always have to be a sententious asshole, because that's pure pretentious bullshit right there. I just say that sometimes when you have nothing better to do, or when you just feel like it, you can immerse in your thoughts or rather, immerse in other people's. Maybe it's only a foolish illusion from my part, maybe I can't challenge anyone. But I still try and if I manage to succeed then I accomplished something and it's for the better of both of us.

Of course I feel the natural need to let my voice be heard. It's a very human desire, we feel a little better about ourselves if we can express our views to a wider range audience and even if our readers only consist of people who we already know. You can't explain the same thing to everyone in the same way multiple times and you can't expect them not to derail the conversation. In fact, if you're talking to someone it's a good thing if you derail each other every now and then, it opens other doors to the conversation. But this is the beauty of writing a blog. You can express yourself without interruption, without sidetracking because of outside input. Often you write only for yourself, but somehow you feel better if you do. Also, it's a waste if you don't put your ideas out there. It's besides the point that who actually cares. Your ideas and opinions are always worthy to manifest in written form.True power lies in ideas. There are few better ways to express ideas than to write them down to the world. Especially if you don't have the opportunity to put your ideas into practice just yet.


I hope I encouraged some of you to start or continue to write your blogs. If not, at least I hope you'll continue to read this blog and others you deem worthwhile as well, in hopes that your mind gets challenged and it'll encourage you to think out of the box every now and then.



PS - Sorry folks, no music today. I'll make up for it next time.

2 comments:

Microwave Jellyfish said...

Well, here's some music guys, enjoy it :)
__
Truth to be told, I think the biggest reason why people start blogging is the abominable T virus itself. Having a blog became incredibly trendy around 2005 or so - when you find out that your friends and/or idols are bloggers, trying it out for yourself seems like an obvious thing to do. But no matter why did s/he start it, if a blogger keeps posting good and interesting content throughout the years, that's something to acknowledge.

Luckily, bored teens of today can express themselves via microblogging on twitter or facebook, and because of this new trend, most of "the real" blogs nowadays are usually more interesting and meaningful than five years ago. I'm not saying that a few word thought on twitter or your facebook profile can't be interesting, of course.

Faust said...

I dunno.

I started bloggin' because I was fucking bored.

If I don't have anything to show (like self made movies or something), I juts post something when I'm fucking bored.

Oh, and don't forget, that when I'm REALLY kinda fucking bored, I start a new blog.

But hell, I like blogs with...meaning, or how to say. Just like this (it's not lass licking - well maybe a little), when you read something cool, something interesting, etc., not just cries and movie reviews and other bullshit.



I crabbed myself down really, if I think on it.